A return needs to be authorized to start the returns process. All returns with status "authorization/requested" need to be authorized.
Authorizing a return can happen in 3 ways:
- Automated (defined by a return policy)
- Intelligent (defined by Return Profiling Automation)
- Manual by an agent (see below)
Manual by an agent
In the return summary 2 action button appear under Available Actions:
- Authorize return
- Reject return
In the authorize step a carrier pre-select option is available with 2 options:
- If a carrier has been pre-selected, the customer can ship the return with the selected carrier;
- If no carrier has been pre-selected, the customer can ship the return and choose a carrier from the list of available carrier services.
When the return has been authorized the return can be shipped by the customer in the ship section of the hosted customer portal. The Return Authorization Mail will be sent to the customer to inform that the return has been authorized for shipping.
The status of the return has reached the following status:
- From Authorization/Requested to Logistics/Approved: the customer can ship the return in the ship section of the hosted customer portal.