Welcome to the release note for the 10th of October 2018. This release note is to provide you a summary of the various changes, updates, and fixes included in the latest update to the 12return returns management system.
This is a major update that affects the returns processing processes in the Operations module. These features are part of our Return Dock solution.
Return Dock is a brand-new module on the 12Return platform to manage the returns process in your warehouse(s). Return Dock is an advanced feature in the Operations module and includes the following features:
- Return Dock supports the returns process in your own return center(s);
- Return Dock supports the returns process in outsourced return center(s);
- Use Return Dock with Return Bird for a controlled inflow of returns.
- Define to which Return Dock destination a return needs to be shipped;
- Define grading rules per product group;
- Set up 2nd-Tier destinations where products are sent to for disposition (e.g. repair partners).
- Control multiple return centers from a single control tower dashboard;
- Receive returned shipments;
- Unpack returned products and identify the characteristics of the product with custom attributes;
- Inspect and classify the state of the product with grading rules and custom attributes;
- Group returned products in containers;
- Store containers with returned products in the Available-For-Disposition inventory;
- Create work-orders for internal or external disposition;
- Create work-orders for controlled disposition (e.g. products that are returned to you after repair);
- Create work-orders for uncontrolled disposition (e.g. products that will not return to you after recycling);
- Link containers with products to a work-order;
- Manage work-orders in progress in the internal or external disposition process;
- Register any specific work-order data object with custom attributes;
- Control inventory at external (vendor) locations;
- Receive products from a controlled disposition in the Available-For-Service inventory;
- Receive and reserve products for service settlement in an original return (e.g. in the case of same-for-same repair);
- Use products in the Available-For-Service inventory to service your customer.
End-to-end solution for Return-to-Value:
Return Dock completes the 12Return Platform as the end-to-end solution for Return-to-Value.
If you need any help with activating these new features, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.