For international return shipments you might need a shipping invoice for customs clearance. You can create a shipping invoice in 12Return by creating a packing slip document with prices.
The products in a return need to have prices. This can be accomplished in 2 ways:
- Including prices when you use an Order Connector
- Including prices in the product setup in 12Return
Creating a shipping invoice
You can use the Packing Slip document to create a shipping invoice. If you want to use a shipping invoice, you can define a packing slip with document elements and triggers.
- Document header: the header includes a document title that will create the name of the PDF file.
- Document body: the body of the document typically contains a title, the shipment information and a summary of all products. The body can be defined by using one or multiple body elements.
- Document style: the document styles allows you to define colors of the different body elements.
- Activation triggers: a packing list is typically used for all returns and should therefor be linked to all carriers services. However you can exclude the shipping invoice for certain carrier services.
For creating a shipping invoice you need to change the settings for the Product Table element. Click the update button to open the settings:
For the Product Table element you need to activate the parameter "Show product prices".
The document will now show all products in the return with the prices that has been retrieved with the Order Connector or that has been included in the products set up in 12Return.
We advice to have the shipping invoice validated by the carrier that performs customs clearance for you.