Return Profiling automates decisions to authorize a return. You can define smart rules that automate when returns are accepted and against what conditions.
Return profiling rules only work for return policies that have the "Authorization active" parameter set to "Y". Return profiling rules can be created at 2 levels:
For the entire return
On the return level following automation rules can be created:
- authorize the return: this rule override the default return authorization settings
- add a product to the return: this rule automatically add a product to the return (e.g. a service product to charge additional service costs with)
For a product on the return
On the product level following automation rules can be created:
- authorize the product: this rule override the default product authorization settings
- set a product attribute this rule automatically sets a system or custom product attribute
The return profiling automation rules can be opened from the Automation Rules menu under the account settings.
Create Automation Rule
An automation rule can be created by selecting the "target model". Next following can be defined:
- Return policies:
- Model items:
- Automation criteria:
When the automation rule has been created, the general parameters can be defined:
- Trigger models: these models define the attributes for which you can trigger the automation rule
- Action configuration: define the action that needs to be executed by the automation rule
All return policies can be selected for which the automation rule applies:
All items from the selected trigger model can be selected for which the automation rule applies:
Define additional criteria that define if the automation rule needs to be triggered.
Automation criteria exist in 2 types:
- Predefined rules: a predefined rule is executed with system-defined criteria
- Specific rules: a specific rule is executed with user-defined criteria
Automation rules activation and priority
In the automation rules overview a rule can be activated or de-activated. With drag and drop the priority of all rules can be defined. A logical sequence of all rules within a target model (return or product) is important to make sure that all rules are executed as intended.
For more information about defining Return Profiling automation rules, please contact your success manager or support team.