Customers can log in to the Self-Service module from an external host system with Single Sign-On (SSO).
Single Sign-On is supported in 2 ways:
- Consumer account: customers can log in from the host system without having an end-user account in 12Return yet. The end-user account is created at login.
- Business account: customers can log in from the host system with an existing end-user account in 12Return. The end-user account needs to be available in 12Return under the company account (organization).
Accounts are activated under user access in settings/portal settings:
- B2C login enabled (consumer accounts)
- B2B login enabled (business accounts)
Single Sign-On for these accounts is activated under Single sign-on in settings/portal settings.
Single Sing-On for consumer accounts
When a customer enters the Self-Service module from the host system through SSO an account is created in 12Return for the email address from the host system:
- The customer will NOT receive an account created email from 12Return
- The customer can add and modify personal detail in the My Account
- The customer can use the password recovery option in the Self-Service module
The customer can add and modify the following personal data in My Account:
To protect customers to change their email in 12Return without a change in the host system, changing email can be blocked with the Allow updating email address parameter under user access in settings/portal settings. For SSO it is recommended to set this parameter to N.
The technical aspects of SSO are described on this page.
CREATE A RETURN
After log in to the portal, a return can be created. Read more ...