Carriers represent transportation services that can be used to ship returns from an origin location (in a country) to a destination location. Carriers are supported in 2 types:
- Virtual carrier: you can set up a virtual carrier if you want your customer to organize and pay for the shipping. 12Return will create a barcoded address label for your customer. You can use a virtual carrier to work with any transportation company other than the carrier services that are supported by 12Return.
- Carrier service: we have teamed up with transportation companies like UPS, DHL, and TNT to offer integrated transportation services for prepaid and tracked returns. Easily connect your carrier account and 12Return will create a prepaid shipping label for your customer.
Carriers are available via carrier marketplaces. Currently, the following marketplaces are available:
- 12Return for standard carrier services (activated by default)
- Transsmart for premium carrier services (activated on request)
- House of Returns for managed returns (activated on request)
The 12return marketplace includes the following carrier services:
Virtual carriers exist in 2 types and the specific setup is described per type:
The specific setup per carrier service is described per carrier service:
Carriers can support one or multiple parcel types:
- Light box
- Normal box
- Heavy box
- XL box
- Euro pallet
- Industrial pallet
The parcel types are defined by 12Return. In the carrier settings, you can further choose the parcel types that you like to support for this carrier.
Carriers can also support multi-parcel. This is also defined by 12Return.
For each return policy, you can define if multi-parcel is allowed.
When creating a return in the return portal, the customer can select the parcel type and if allowed select multiple parcels. Based on the selected parcels the available carriers will be shown.