With products, you can set up products in 12Return. These products can be used in 3 ways:
- By a customer to create a return in the Return Portal;
- By an agent to create a return in the Merchant Dashboard;
- By an operator to receive and grade a product in Return Dock.
When you set up products in 12Return, there is no need to use a Connector to retrieve data from your system when the customer creates a return.
Products are set up for each channel (portal). This allows you to define which products are allowed to be returned in a certain channel.
Products can be created or uploaded in settings/channels/products
Each product, once created is directly searchable for by the customer in the portal when adding a product. Each product can also be edited and removed.
Products have different sections that control a part of the returns process:
- General: general information about the product such as model number, description, SKU, and article type;
- Pricing: different prices that are relevant for the product and that are used in the returns process;
- Authorization: parameters that can be used in automation rules to authorize a product;
- Processing: instructions and images that can be used in the Unpack and Inspect activities in Return Dock;
- Settlement: parameters that can be used for the settlement of a product;
- Disposition: parameters that can be used for the disposition of a product.
- Customs: parameters that can be used for customs declaration reporting. This service is only available as part of our Managed Returns service.
In the general parameters you can define the type of article with 2 options:
- Catalog: a catalog item can be selected when a return is created. By default a catalog item is flagged as returnable but can also be flagged as non-returnable;
- Service: a service item cannot be selected when a return is created. By default, a service item is flagged as non-returnable. With Return Profiling Automation Rules a service item can automatically be added to a return.
If you have a large number of products or a catalog that changes on a semi-regular basis, you might want to use our “import” function. This function lets you import a .csv file with your products and will create new products or update new ones. Product groups will be automatically be created.
An example import sheet can be downloaded.
The currency that is being uploaded must be set up in the master data of your account settings. Only a single currency set up is supported.
Weight Unit of Measure
The weight unit of measure that is being uploaded must be set up in the master data of your account settings.
Product groups are created on the fly if they do not exist. Products are added to them dynamically if they do exist. For more information about product groups, see the product group page.
Parent Product Groups
Parent Product Groups are not created, and is only used to confirm the proper Product Group should more than one share the same name. Relations between Product Groups and Parent Product groups are not created during import, these types of configurations need to be manually confirmed in the product group admin screen.
Importing customs values
Importing one or multiple Country of Origin needs to be done as follows:
- Default COO: the 2 digits country code can be added in column "DefaultCountryOfOrigin"
- Additional COO: the 2 digits country code can be added in columns "CountryofOrigin" or "CountryofOrigin_1". if you want to upload more COOs, you can insert a new column "CountryofOrigin_2" or further.
Importing customs HTS codes need to be done as follows:
- HTS code global: 6 characters
- HTS code USA: last 4 characters of 10 digits code
- Taric code EU: last 4 characters of 10 digits code
- HS code UK: last 4 characters of 10 digits code
The Customs Description is mandatory for using customs declarations.
Excluded from import
The following can not be imported and needs to be imported or set product-by-product:
- Processing: images need to be imported into the image gallery and linked to a product manually.
- Settlement: linking a replacement product needs to be done manually.
- Disposition: linking a default vendor needs to be done manually.
If the import of a record in the .csv file fails, the entire import will not be executed.
For each return policy, you can control how products are used to create a return. These settings are controlled in settings/return policy/parameters/product feed