You might want your customers to include a packing list in the return shipment. You can create a packing list under documents in the channel section of settings.
Creating a packing list
You can use the Packing Slip document to create a packing list. In the document you can update following elements:
- Document header: the header includes a document title that will create the name of the PDF file.
- Document body: the body of the document typically contains a title, the shipment information and a summary of all products. The body can be defined by using one or multiple body elements.
- Document style: the document styles allows you to define colors of the different body elements.
- Activation triggers: a packing list is typically used for all returns and should therefor be linked to all carriers services. However you can exclude the shipping invoice for certain carrier services.
You can include several predefined data sets in the document body. A logical setup of the body is:
- Text: including the title of the document, such as "Acme Packing List"
- Address table
- RMA information table
- Returnable product table
- Text: including additional information
- Barcode: the return reference in barcode format
For including the products you need to include the Returnable Product Table. In the details of this table you can control the data that will be showed.
Typically, the settings are:
- Show product prices = N
- Show return reason = N
- Show service request = N
The return reason and service request information is taken from the data that has been entered by the customer.
For the customer
The document will be presented in the Customer Portal for download and will be attached to the Return Shipping Mail.