The UPS integration support global transportation via the UPS network. You can use the UPS services for the following options:
Deliver to UPS:
UPS has a network of more than 15,000 UPS access points in Europe (24,000 worldwide). We advise using this service in countries where UPS does have a dense network of UPS access points.
Pickup by UPS (with booking):
We advise using this service in countries where UPS does not have a dense network of UPS access points.
You can also use Pickup by UPS in countries where you also offer the Deliver to UPS service but like to use Pickup by UPS as an alternative for returns from remote areas. In this case, customers have a choice.
This service requires the customer to schedule a pickup appointment at the UPS website. Learn more...
Pickup by UPS (attempt):
This service does not require the customer to print a return label and to schedule a pickup appointment with UPS. When the return has been authorized, UPS will automatically make a pickup attempt the next business day (in case of service RS1) and another attempt on the 3rd day (in case of service RS3). The driver will bring the return shipping label with him.
UPS delivery service
UPS applies different delivery services. Here are the most commonly used services. Based on the routes in your returns process you need to apply different services by creating different UPS carriers with these services:
- UPS Standard (default): This service always uses road transport. This service can be used for European routes whereby the origin location and destination location are in Europe.
- Express: This service always uses air transport. This service can be used for international shipments.
- Express Plus: This service always uses air transport and guarantees early morning delivery. This service can be used for international shipments.
- UPS Saver: This service always uses air transport and guarantees afternoon delivery. This service can be used for international shipments.
Setup your UPS account in 12Return:
To activate the UPS service for your UPS account we need the following information:
- Your UPS account number;
- A copy of your latest invoice from UPS
How to use UPS for returns to Europe
Here is the advised setup for returns that are shipped to your returns center located in Europe: