When the return has been authorized the status of the return has changed to Logistics/Approved and the returns process continues with shipping the return.
Ship a return in the hosted customer portal
Returns that have been authorized are ready to be shipped by the customer in
the shipping section of the hosted customer portal. The shipping process is supported in 2 ways:
- Drop-off: shipping changes the status to Logistics/Submitted (no further action needed)
- Pickup: shipping changes the status to Logistics/Requested (pickup booking needed)
Returns in status logistics/approved can be shipped by the customer in the hosted customer portal. In some cases, customers might not complete the shipping process. If a return remains in status logistics/approved too long, the support agent has 2 options to deal with this exception:
- Cancel the return: if set up, a cancellation email will be sent automatically
- Mail a shipping reminder: if set up, a shipping reminder mail can be sent manually
The shipping reminder mail can be sent from the return details screen.
Returns with status Logistics/Requested:
These returns require an additional action to schedule a pickup with the chosen carrier. Depending on the carrier service this pickup appointment needs to be made by the customer (in the hosted customer portal) or by the agent (in the service module). Once the pickup has been scheduled the status of the return will change to Logistics/Submitted.
- If the pickup needs to be scheduled by the customer, the customer will directly see a booking option in the shipping section of the hosted customer portal.
- If the pickup needs to be scheduled by the agent in the service module, a new 'book pickup' action will be available under Available Actions in the return summary.
Pickup booking by the customer
Pickup booking by the customer is supported for the following carrier services:
- DHL Express (available globally)
- UPS (available in 51 countries)
For more information about scheduling a DHL Express pickup see this page.
Pickup booking by an agent
Pickup booking by an agent is supported by any carrier that is set up as a virtual carrier.
For more information about pickup booking by an agent see the tutorial video.